Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oh... Week

Orientation Week has begun. I'm living in a massive dorm with... first years. New to college, new to practically everything. These sweet, fresh-faced, bushy-tailed neophytes will literally do anything. Every night is a different theme, yet there is a recurring theme of a loud, raucous, first-time drinking binge! Luckily they offer "alternative" activities and I've been rock climbing twice this week.

I'm basically an expert at this stage.

 After mastering the art of traversing giant walls with fake rocks stuck in them, we went on a scavenger hunt in Melbourne's CBD (Central Business District). I got to see a lot more of the city (it was very thorough, covering practically the entire city) and had to do all of my searching while wearing an identifiable headband that read "Base Jaffys". 100 points to you for figuring out what that is.
Here I am in my Base Jaffy glory in front of a cottage in Fitzroy Gardens, holding a leaf to prevent it sitting on my head.
 Carnivale Day! This was a day of sitting on the lawn, listening to an amazing all-female Led Zeppelin cover band.
Here I am (left) with Steph and Chelsea.

"Fairy floss"-- what they call cotton candy.
 And now, the bit you've all been waiting for...
They really only put a little on toast that's been thoroughly buttered.

No comments:

Post a Comment