Monday, February 28, 2011

I can't be bothered.

School started today. Technically yesterday, but today was my first scheduled class. 20th and 21st Century Australian Literature. 10am. 1 hour.

Or so I thought.

Turns out, the lecture is 3 hours, making my next scheduled class, Intro to Aboriginal Australia at 11am, bascially kaput. I excused myself during the break at 11 to make it to this next one, only to find myself knee-deep in a packed lecture hall full of... Physics students. Blegh.

At this point, I don't really feel like running back to my room to find out about a change in room, so I just scurry back to English and stay for the remaining lecture (which is fascinating, by the way!). I came back to my room and emailed the professor of the missed class, and steeped in my ennui with the university's timetable. To put it as an Australian might, I can't be bothered. I have reached the pinnacle of caredness and interest, and now I simply won't have any of it. I'm giving myself the rest of the day off. Except until 4:30, when I will go pretend to play Ultimate Frisbee. And starting the massive amounts of readings due next week.

In other news, it appears my floor will all have cirrhosis of the liver by week's end. Seriously. They love to drink. It's revolting.

No comments:

Post a Comment