Saturday, February 5, 2011

Let jag

After the initial excitement of flying around the world (excitement= limited to the moment when I said the phrase "flying around the world") wore off, it became clear that my body does not do well under constant travel. It really doesn't sleep well in a window seat, nor does it appreciate the difficulty of bathroom breaks when two people are sleeping in your way to said bathroom. Moving on.

I'm in Australia. I arrived in Sydney as the sun did at 8 AM. The in-flight computer thingy let me track my journey all the way across the Atlantic! Unfortunately, you can't get excited about any special points along the way.... there aren't any. Just blue. Fortunately, said in-flight computer had tons of movies to watch and Australian news to read. I watched a film called "The Tree" set in Queensland. Very good. Also, I can't rightly complain about the food. It was top-notch: fresh salads, spare ribs, tiramisu, a frittata for breakfast... ah. But who really can enjoy such niceties with a stomachache and no clear way to the bathroom in the middle of the night? Or was it night... I'm not really sure what time it is right now to be honest.

Currently, awaiting dinner at my "Culture and Adventure Program," in Brisbane (YES! I took another flight after my 14 hour journey! Because why not!) or as I like to call it "It's hot and humid and you're hungry and no amount of orientation powerpointing will make you excited about this right now LEMME SLEEEEP!"


In other news, I plan to tackle Tyler to the ground and smother him in kisses the second I'm stateside.

Update: complete.







1 comment:

  1. Tyler is patiently awaiting this tackle followed by kisses!

    ReplyDelete