Thursday, February 17, 2011

Calm before the storm

Greetings!
It's been a fairly laid back week down under. I've been going to the market to get things from my ever-growing list of necessities, participating in the "International Welcome Festival" (which for me means showing up during the free lunches and getting all the goodies!) and slowing meeting people as they arrive. Tonight is the beginning of O Week, wherein we do nonstop activities apparently, so I'm drinking lots of water now and trying not to do much of anything. Here are some pictures, because that's always better than words.
The bridge over the moat that connects Menzies College (where I live) with the main Uni

St. Kilda Beach, the closest to Melbourne CBD (and therefore the worst :P)

A lovely seashell castle, construction unknown.

Statue of Charles La Trobe, upside down. I do not know the story behind this, but I'm working on it.

Me! And my new favorite thing, ginger beer.


No comments:

Post a Comment